In addition to our work through the Marketplace Institute, Regent College offers enriching learning opportunities to help you explore the relationship between faith and the marketplace.
Our Marketplace audio collection features over twenty titles from Regent College faculty members and guest lecturers covering topics such as leadership, vocational discernment, and work ethic. These audio recordings can be downloaded as MP3 files to your computer or mobile device. Titles include:
- Follow the Leader (Eugene Peterson)
- A Call to Christian Leadership (John Stott)
- Vocation in a Post-vocational World: Can a Postmodern Consumer Have a Calling? (Gordon Preece)
Browse the complete collection on our Regent Audio website.
Every May to July, Regent College offers Summer Programs designed for working people who want to delve deeper into a specific topic without enrolling in a degree program. Our “Faith and Venture” courses equip people to live Christianly in the public sphere. Here are some of our Summer 2016 courses:
- Capitalism and Christianity (Paul Williams)
- Cultural Discipleship in a Secular Age (Richard Mouw and Clay Cooke)
- Taking Your Soul to Work (Paul Stevens)
- Leading Well: Surviving and Thriving in Demanding Times (Peter Shaw)
- Leading Well: Christian Concepts that Enrich Leaders (Peter Shaw)
You can find the full line-up of Summer courses at Regent on our Summer Programs website.
MA in Theological Studies (Marketplace concentration)
Since Regent College’s central focus is educating the laity, the College is deeply invested in connecting life and faith in an integrative educational experience. That’s why we offer a Marketplace Theology concentration for students taking an MA in Theological Studies. Alongside studying core biblical foundations, students complete an eight-month field education experience in a local workplace or church. Courses are taught by Regent faculty members as well as professionals associated with Regent College who are currently working in various sectors.
Typical courses include:
- Vocation, Work, and Ministry (APPL 573)
- Marketplace Ministries
- Doing God’s Business: Theology & Spirituality of Executive Leadership
- Entrepreneurship and Tentmaking
- Christianity & Capitalism (INDS 583)
- Supervised Immersion in the Marketplace (APPL 692)
Learn more about our MA in Theological Studies.